Broadway Dreams offers six (6) different types of internships. Please apply for the internship that best suits your experience and objectives. If you are planning on applying for internships in multiple cities, make sure to submit your application separately for each city!
The signature unpaid internship requires a student to dedicate 40 hours of work for one (1) city weeklong Summer Intensive. Every subsequent city requires 10 more hours. Students must complete work hours and/or payments at least one (1) week prior to the first day of the Summer Intensive.
Internship applications close on March 31, 2017. Decisions will be sent out in April 2017.
- Stage experience is necessary.
- Interest in the core musical theatre disciplines, including: singing; acting; and dancing.
- Responsible for student wrangling and oversight throughout the week.
- Qualified performers may be included in the culminating performance.
- No experience necessary.
- Interest in all areas of management, including: operations; teacher curriculum curation; box office management; community building; event planning; and marketing and communications.
- No experience necessary.
- Interest in all aspects of technical theatre, including: light and sound plots; microphone operations; production set builds; and crew management.
- Interest in all aspects of stage management, including: calling performance cues; scheduling; coordinating with the creative team coordination; and serving as a liaison between performers and management.
- Experience necessary, with a focus on music arrangement.
- Interest in all areas of music, including: music director assisting; conducting; playing instruments (piano proficiency); music cataloging; and music theory.
- Experience necessary.
- Interests in all areas of fashion and costuming, including: design; production; and alterations.
- Experience required, with a focus on video editing.
- Interests in all areas of videography and photography.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Priority is given to students with at least one (1) year of college experience and to those who have previously attended Broadway Dreams as a student.
- Internship lasts for the duration of the program length in the city assigned.
- Interns will be asked to work an additional 40 hours in advance of the Summer Intensive, assisting with local promotion, outreach, and planning.
- Internships are unpaid.
- No housing is provided. Compensation is program attendance and management experience.
- For students interested in attending with no additional hours upfront, a cost of $400 will be assigned to the city of choice.
- Please note that for every additional city a student wishes to attend, the cost is an additional $400, if the student chooses to forego the required 40 hours.
- For students interested in a minimum of 20 hours work prior to the weeklong, a cost of $200 will be assigned to the city of choice.
- Please note that for every additional city a student wishes to attend, the cost is an additional $200 and an extra 10 hours of work.