Broadway Dreams understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://broadwaydreams.org (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us)
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organization);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Email address
- Demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to contacting you provided if you filled out our contact form.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Broadway Dreams does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for contact with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails, or requiring us to contact), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following reasons:
- Initial Contact (e.g. Form Contact)
- If you subscribed to our Newsletter
- Providing and managing your access to our site
- We may use the information to improve our products and services including our site and your user experience
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may periodically send promotional emails about our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may in the future use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- You may also unsubscribe from our emails at any time
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely and under the GDPR. In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like your information removed or more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.